- 2 lbs steamed mussels
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup shallots, chopped or medium onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 200ml dry white wine
- chopped parsley
- Scrub mussels under running water and get rid of the “hair” if there is any (you can use a paring knife).
- Put the clean mussels in a bowl of fresh cold water. Soak for 30 minutes to release any dirt inside the mussels.
- Throw out cracked or open mussels.
- In a large pot over medium heat, saute garlic and shallots in butter.
- When softened, add the wine and let the alcohol cook for a minute before pouring in the mussels. Add salt and pepper.
- Shake the pot to mix everything, then put the lid on.
- Cook over med-high heat, giving the pot a shake once in a while.
- After 4-5 minutes check the mussels. They should be opening up. Give it another couple of minutes until they are all open. Add the parsley.
- Any mussels that dont open should be discarded.
- Take out the mussels, pour broth over the mussels.