- 1/4 Cup Olive Oil
- 2 Large Garlic Cloves, minced
- 3 Fresh Tomatoes
- 1 – 8 oz Can Pasta Sauce
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- 1/4 Cup Heavy Cream
- 1/2 Cup Freshly Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 2 Tbsp. Parsley
- 6 Basil Leaves, Chopped
- A Pinch of Sugar
- In a large heavy saucepan, heat olive oil, then add the garlic cloves. Toss and cook on medium heat for a few minutes. Do not let garlic brown.
- Add the tomatoes, basil, salt and pepper. Cover and cook tomatoes about 10 min.
- Uncover and stir in parmesan cheese and then the cream slowly, then add sugar.
- Simmer the sauce a bit for the cream to become incorporated. Add water or warm milk, if needed, to bring the sauce to desired consistency.
- Serve with either Penne, Rigatoni, Bow Ties or your favorite shaped pasta.