- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 lbs. ground beef
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 1/2 cups prepared kidney beans (or 1 -15 oz. can)
- 1 – 28 oz. can crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup water
- Set the Instant Pot® to saute. Heat olive oil until shimmering. Add the ground beef and brown, breaking up with a wooden spoon. Drain the beef and set aside, reserving 1 tablespoon of fat.
- Add the pepper and onion to the pot and saute, until the vegetables are soft, about 4 minutes. Add the garlic and continue cooking for an additional minute.
- Return the ground beef to the pot and add the oregano, salt, chili powder, and cumin. Add in crushed tomatoes, beans, and water, stirring to combine.
- Set the pot to manual – high pressure, adjusting the time for 8 minutes. Make sure the valve is in the sealing position. When finished, let the pressure release naturally for 10 minutes, then do a quick pressure release by placing the valve in the venting position. Serve with your favorite chili toppings.