- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- 1 cup onion, minces
- 2 knobs ginger, julienned
- 1 tsp garlic
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 tsp chicken powder
- 10 pcs chicken drumstick
- ½ cups uncooked white rice
- ½ cups glutinous rice
- 1½ tbsp fish sauce
- 7 cups of water
- 1 piece lemon or 4 pieces calamansi
- 1 cup scallions (green onions), minced
- 4 pieces hard boiled eggs, sliced
- Fried Garlic
1. Set Instant Pot to Saute – High.
2. Heat the cooking oil then add onion, ginger and garlic. Add the ground black pepper and chicken powder.
3. Add chicken and cook until golden brown.
4. Add fish sauce and rice. Quickly stir to distribute evenly.
5. Add 1/2 cup of water to deglaze the bottom of the pan. Add the rest of the water.
6. Close the lid, set valve to “sealing” and cook at high pressure for 30 minutes. Natural release for approximately 30 minutes.
7. Carefully switch valve from “sealing to venting”. When all the steam is released, you may open the lid. Congee will look watery at this stage.
8. Use tongs and fork to separate chicken from bones. Discard skins and bones.
6. Turn Instant Pot back to Saute. Cook until desired thickness/consistency.
7. Scoop out and serve immediately with optional toppings.