- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter or margarine
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 Tablespoon instant coffee powder, dissolved in:
- 1 Tablespoon boiling water
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup Milk Chocolate Chips
- 1 cup White Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 350. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream together the butter and sugars until smooth.
- Add the vanilla and eggs, one at a time, beating well to incorporate after each addition.
- Dissolve the coffee powder in the boiling water and beat into the mixer.
- In a small bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda, salt and cocoa powder.
- With the mixer on low, beat in the dry ingredients mixture. Beat until just combined.
- Add the chips and stir until evenly distributed.
- Using a medium cookie scoop (or a heaping tablespoon measuring spoon) scoop the mixture onto the prepared tray(s).
- Bake at 350 for 9 minutes.
- Remove from oven and set aside to cool for a couple of minutes before removing from tray